Farm life

Farm life
Farm girls look beautiful to get dirty

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I rode the magic carpet like a champ...

I am not ashamed to say that my 11 year old kicked my ass in winter sports this weekend. We went north to a ski resort and my 11 year old daughter put me in my place. That place was...the little kids, we are talking 3 and 4 year olds, magic carpet learning hill. It is the teeniest little hill that has not a ski lift but a moving walkway like they have in airports and Vegas. You just struggle get yourself to the beginning and it magically moves you to the top. GENIUS! I hung out there during a little kids lesson and just did what the instructors were telling the little kids to do, while nonchalantly doing it right along with the kids. He asked for a pizza slice, I gave him a pizza slice(to make you slow down and stop!). I even at one point asked if I did it right. The instructor, all of 16, looked at me like I was a moron. Opsies, I got carried away and wanted some credit damnit! But, you know what. It worked. I got enough balls courage to go down not only the bunny hill(which is more like a bobcat hill if you ask me...bunnies aren't supposed to make me scream "holy shit balls") but also the next level up! Yeah me. However, as much as I feel accomplished, my daughter kicked my ass. She has only ever skied for a total combined 5 hours in her life decided, eh skiing is so five minutes ago, lets try snowboarding. YIKES. However, thanks to my brothers, she was "boarding" with the best of them by the end of the day. Oh to be young again, have no fear and be closer to the ground so falling doesn't scare you quite as much!! Seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really, people, we all love messages, so clearly....leave me one!! Seriously...