Farm life

Farm life
Farm girls look beautiful to get dirty

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Maybe animals aren't my thing....

I got my first deer of the season. Actually, to be honest, someone else got him/her first and I got the pleasure of hitting a dead deer in the middle of the road. Who does that? Me! It was on a country road at dusk. Not completely dark but the sun was down. The deer blended well with the road. I was possibly going 60+ miles an hour. When I realized there was a deer laying in the road, I freaked. I braked hard, there was a car coming in the other lane so I couldn't swerve, the ditch didn't seem like a good idea with how much rain we have had. I, shivering, ran it over. Now you have to understand that I had no idea what to do. It all happened so fast and I had Maggie in the car with me. Flipping in the ditch wasn't my idea of fun, although it would make getting a new car easier if I would have totaled it! So, I hit it hard! What amazed me was how my car took the hit and was really ok after. No difference in how it drove. The only thing I noticed when I got home was a lot of deer fur under the car! EWWWWW. I just kept thinking, why couldn't it have been closer to home and those damn turkeys!!! So, that is how my world works. I hit deer that are already dead laying in the middle of the road. Oh, and I am not blonde!!! I may have been on the cell phone though! Shhhh. Don't tell my husband! Seriously...

2 comments:

  1. I hate running over animals, even if they are already dead. It's just a fact of life when you live in the country like we do. My only deer hit was right on the interstate across the way from your house! Missing you! Although we get to see you every day since your picture is still up. You hold the record for lasting the longest on the wall after quitting!
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that deer really got a raw deal...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Really, people, we all love messages, so clearly....leave me one!! Seriously...