Farm life

Farm life
Farm girls look beautiful to get dirty

Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 off to a fantabulous start...

Wow. What a whirlwind we just got off of. Christmas, New Years, my sister and future brother in law here for 10 days. Lots of family time, lots of food, good times and lots of good memories. I can't believe that 2010 is here, whether we want it to be or not. Well being that it is only the 4th day of the year, I have a feeling it is going to be a doozy.

Makayla is sassier then ever, sporting a gigantic chip on her shoulder we have nicknamed "attitude". My wonderful husband asked her to take some glasses downstairs and she started to stack them. He said "take two trips so you don't break them". She responded with "if you don't want them to break, take them yourself". Yes, that is how my 10 year old is talking to us lately. I currently have a long list of boarding schools on my google history.

Maggie is just as much of a spitfire as her older sister. Holy cow is she HIGH energy. Even having a cold, she is go go go go go. Her newest trick is pretending she has an ouchie and having us "fawn" over her and kiss whatever she has "hurt". Well, last night she came up to me and said ouchie and showed me her finger. Without even paying attention, I kissed it. I was distracted by the conversation I was having with my husband. I swear to you after I kissed it, she giggled. Then I realized her hand and finger were all wet. I said "why is Maggie's hand all wet". My husband said without even thinking about what he was about to say..."she just came out of the bathroom". Ewwwwww. I just kissed her hand and it had just been in the toilet. Sure enough when I went in to the bathroom, there was toilet paper in the toilet. That seems to be her new thing. She has shown some interest in potty training so we are just casually entertaining the thought. Well, I guess we need to spend some more time on toilet etiquette. Like hands don't go in the water!!

Oh what fun this year has in store for us. I am thinking the newest member may be a little quieter then his/her sisters. I am feeling some movement but not a ton like the girls. I hope that means we are going to have a laid back lil one. With the girls we have, I need it!! Seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really, people, we all love messages, so clearly....leave me one!! Seriously...